Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Appointment with RE

I have a lot of questions that I would like to speak to my RE about. I discussed with dh and we both agreed we should schedule an appointment to talk to the RE. Jason probably thought we could wait a few months, even a year, before we talk to our RE, particularly since he doesn't want to get started with any baby making process right away. I, on the other hand, thought we should speak to the RE immediately. If there are some major concerns after speaking with our RE, I would like to know now before I continue having my pipe dreams about making a baby in India. Since we see one of the best RE's in the country, at one of the best hospitals in the country (University of Michigan), I thought it would take a while to get in to see him...at least a few weeks which is longer than I typically have the patience for. To my delight he has an opening tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. Perfect!

Here are some of my questions:

We will need an ED and a surrogate. What are our chances of a live birth?

Does have a ED & surrogate impact the decision to do a 2/3 day or 5 day transfer?

Is the pregnancy rate higher w/ 2 or 3 day transfers or blastocyst transfers?

Should I be concerned if our RE in India wants to do a 2 or 3 day transfer

Can embryos be frozen on day 2 or day 5? Does one have a greater quality over the other?

Will am embryo that doesn't make it to blast stage have had a chance if it was implanted at day 2 or 3?

Are you familiar with anyone who has attempted surrogacy in India?

Would you be willing to consult with us as we go through the process of selecting a surrogate & ED?

I'm sure I'll add more as the day goes by. 3:30 can't get here soon enough!


  1. Good luck today! I had a hard time with my RE and had to move on to another one causing a 5 month delay! I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing about the visit.

  2. Brilliant questions Sara - make sure you post the answers to all of them for us!!!

    Lisa B